Required privilege is not held by the client

This article is to define a scenario I started encountering in my work-related atmosphere after some mass Windows Security patches were rolled out to my server. The SQL server agent jobs running with proxy accounts started failing. This error message recorded in the task background.

You watching: Required privilege is not held by the client

*

A forced privilege is not held by the client. The action failed.

I had actually to go via many blogs to finally recognize the precise root cause and also uncover the deal with for this on a irreversible basis. Many type of blogs were informing me multiple procedures in various order, which was a bit confutilizing. This post will simply give the minimal and also precise steps to be complied with to solve the worry.

In addition to Security patching, you may observe equivalent issues in the following scenarios as well.

Scenario 1

SQL Server Agent jobs may fail after you change the SQL Server Agent business startup account by making use of the Windows Service Control Manager. In this blog, Microsoft suggests the solution for this situation.

Set the SQL Server Agent company account in SQL Server Configuration Manager to the LocalSystem account. Soptimal and also then start the SQL Server Agent organization. Reset the SQL Server Agent company account in SQL Server Configuration Manager earlier to the original account. Soptimal and also then begin the SQL Server Agent company.

Scenario 2

The very same error might take place once a SQL Server company account is adjusted from Local Service Local System Account without including it to the proper group plan.

I tried the over solution offered by Microsoft in Scenario 1, however it didn’t settle the concern. I assume considering that my root cause is not the one described as in Scenario 1.

See more: Computer Keeps Restarting When Playing Games, Pc Reboots When Playing Games

The root cause of my worry seems to be the removal of the SQL Serivce account from particular Local Groups on the server. The steps that I followed in the atmosphere in my situation are as complies with :

First, I worked via the AD Wintel team to add the SQL Server organization account the privilege referred to as "Replace a Process Level Token" by adhering to the below steps.

Login via your Administrator account on the Windows machine. Go to the Control Panel and open up the Administrative Tools. Open theLocal Security Policy and also expand also Local Policies. Under User Rights Assignment, open up the Relocation a Process Level Token.

Alternatively you have the right to usage the gpedit.msc command additionally to open up the Group Policy Editor Window.

Keep in mind : Most of the situations, only Windows AD admin will certainly have this accessibility to alter the team plans. Once they include this, they need to intitate a

gpupday /pressure.

within an elevated permission command line.

Next off, configure the SQL Server organization account to the same domain account that you have added to the "Replace a Process Level Token" group policy in Step 1.

See more: Mspaint Unable To Create New Document, Wordpad Unable To Creat A Document

Finally, restart the SQL Database Engine Services and SQL Server Agent solutions to take the over transforms right into result.